>> So, how hard is it to get werc running on real Plan 9? The readme was
>> for Plan 9 Ports last time I checked.
>
> Shouldn't be hard, aside from a couple of paths that might need fixing
> (perhaps using bind(1) will do), it should run out of the box.
>
> The only issue is that it expects to run as a CGI, so you will need to
> either use pegasus or some adapter for the standard httpd, there is a
> fancy one in russ' contrib dir, but a shell script that sets the two
> or three CGI vars werc uses should probably be enough, and I think
> somebody did just that.
>
> Hopefully somebody will write a more detailed howto, patches and docs welcome
> ;)
>
> Peace
>
> uriel

Ok, so I'm probably being really dumb here, but I'm trying to get CGI
to work and not quite sure what I need to do.

I stuck cgi.c in the httpd source directory, compiled and installed; now
I have /bin/ip/httpd/cgi. I created /bin/ip/httpd/cgi-bin and stuck a
rc script ("foo") in there that says "Hello world". Now, from my probably flawed
reading of the cgi source, I thought I'd just do:
http://myserver/magic/cgi/foo
to run my script 'foo'.  However...  nothing.  Don't even get an
error, just a blank page.  Am I missing something?  This intersects a
few areas that I don't know much about--the Plan 9 httpd server, and
how cgi stuff works in general.

John Floren