dorin bumbu wrote:
There are thousands of devices shipped with Microsoft Windows CE prior
to version 4 (.NET). For these devices MS never offered patches even
if these versions had lots of bugs, nor even standard C libraries
(thank God there is wcecompat). And there are lot of projects that
reached 10+ years (with workarounds, of course), and still in
production. I don't think the risk of using Plan 9 is greather than
the risk assumend by those who developed with WCE prior to 4.

I absolutely agree. In fact I use whatever I consider good without taking into account
whether or not it is largely used.

The problem arise when I must share the decision with clients who are not skilled
enough to distinguish among market share and real quality.

adriano