On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 5:03 PM, Steve Simon<st...@quintile.net> wrote:
> TeX is available seperately - created a contrib package for it or
> there is an iso (which has bitrotted a little but is still usable).
> Beware: downloading it will take a long time (hours).

The last time this came up, I did some research into the dependencies
of the newer TeX engines (XeTeX, pdfTex, luaTeX).  Seems they all
depend on a PDF-manipulation library written in C++.  But so long as
you stick to the tex | dvips | ghostscript route, there's some really
nice stuff that's been done in the last ten years in TeX that can be
ported to Plan 9.

—Joel