> i also see it trying to auth bootes (i think).
> do you have a user bootes?

Yes, bootes is the hostowner of the CPU/Auth
server.

I've got a QEMU image that was distributed by
Devon, so I could at least try to get into Plan 9
inside QEMU and try to connect to Ken FS
server from there. I'm still PXE booting, this time
with a 9pcfil kernel that supports IL protocol and
booting locally. It currently is just hung at

time...
fossil(#S/sdC0/fossil)...

If I start QEMU with the option to boot directly from
the HD image, as opposed to booting from network,
then it starts up fine - but then the kernel is different
also. I don't know what part of this is really troublesome.
Maybe the pcap device? I can't get into VNC if I start
QEMU with -boot d and -net pcap,devicename=ath0 so
-boot n remains my only options; but with this option
we have the hung fossil... or something....
So many problems (due to so many limitations).

Cheers,
ak