I just installed 9vx under Linux on my eee pc, it's a delight to be able to run
2 or 3 instances of plan 9 with no bother under Linux!  I can't really run Plan
9 as my main OS at the moment, but it seems there's not a big performance hit
to run it in 9vx.

I want to say "thanks!" to Russ for packaging this up (and to the plan 9 devs
of course), and I want to suggest that there should be a link to 9vx on the
main plan 9 website.  I suppose most of the people who are interested in Plan 9
would be Unix / Linux users like me, it's a very good way to try or use it for
those people.

Sam