> Building environment for dataflow
> programming from shell interpreter.

This is always somthing I have wanted to do for video stream
processing, writeing a limited proceedural language which can
be refactored as a dataflow graph for efficent implementation
(of video processing).

I always imagined it as a shell-like language rather than actually
using an existing shell.

Sadly this never got further than ideas and a few email exchanges with Byron.

If you find any papers describing such things I would be interested
in any references - I think I found some stuff from Berkley in the
early 1990s from their work on a reconfigurable FPGA based image
processing engine.

-Steve