On 20/01/2010 21:13, Eris Discordia wrote:
Aren't DirectShow filter graphs and programs like GraphStudio/GraphEdit one possible answer to the video processing question? Filter graphs can be generated by any program, GUI or CLI, and fed to DirectShow provided one learns the in and out of generating them.
I don't know much about those but video processing sometimes needs two passes, one to decompose and one to compose at the required bitrate, DVD mpeg I'm looking at you.

Straying off the topic a bit wrt plan9 but here's an interesting read

http://x264dev.multimedia.cx/?p=249