> Another problem with stuff in contrib is, that their software is not
> well documented (i.e. no man pages), so that one probably has to read
> the source in order to be able to use it.

s/with stuff/with some stuff/

> Btw., I know the " and "" scripts by R Cox, I use them. Without
> something like them, it would be hell.

I have never felt the need for tools like these, I use the mouse to edit
the text on the screen (changing history), I then double click to the right
of the line and click send which resubmits the text.

The idea that any text on the screen may be used to form a new command is
very powerful, but takes some getting used to.

Perhaps you need to give it a bit more time.

-Steve