I've just had someone here try to install reFit on her Mac. She got it
done in spite of the wikis. There's so much wrong info out on the web
now in the form of wikis that it was all virtually useless. I become
more disappointed in wikis as the years go by.

Even the Plan 9 wiki has instructions in it that are not quite right
any more. If you're determined to do a wiki, perhaps you could do it
by offering corrections and additions to that one, rather than a new
one.

A wiki is a thing separate and apart from a Plan 9 file system, and
people have to go find it. Invariably, there are errors and problems
and info gets out of date. It's not synced to man pages or other
documents.  I don't like to assume failure either but after the n'th
time somebody has offered to put up a wiki and it's followed the same
sad trajectory, well, I end up feeling that wiki is the wrong model.
It's like the CADT model applied to support.

The standard Plan 9 information-passing mechanism is the man pages.
The standard script for "mount this stuff" are tools like 9fat and
9fs. Maybe the real problem is we need more scripts to help people
along.

It leads me to wonder if you could not glean what you need to know and
create a script called '9usb', for example. Once it's in there as a
script it's there for good and might even get maintained.

Sorry to be so discouraging, I just think the wiki is not going to do
what you want.

ron