maht wrote:

Until today i'm just a stubborn believer in Plan9. Real world experience with this system is, that nothing else works (out of the box) and nobody else uses it, besides people working
with and for Plan9 just for the sake of it.
Sorry to hear you think like that. I've been using Plan9 for about 10 years as my day to day work environment for non-Plan9 based coding, I can't remember anything that hasn't worked aside from kit without drivers.
Would you be willing to elaborate about your working setups as far as non-Plan9 based coding is
concerned.

I would also be happy to hear about how non-coding activities are typically handled by using
a Plan9 system.

The recent survey of how Plan9 inventors use Plan9 today (it seems mostly they don't) has cast some shadow of doubt on me that day to day computer work is ideally done on a Plan9
terminal.

Regards,

   Jorge-León