2010/4/11 EBo <e...@sandien.com>:
> I thought p9p uses it for the root of the Plan 9 tree?  At least that is what
> the ebuilds imply.  Maybe I am using the wrong term for what PLAN9 points to.

That's true, but in the case of 9vx, the tree it points to contains
actual plan 9 binaries, whereas p9p binaries are compiled for the host
system. Since it is very feasible that someone may run p9p and 9vx on
the same machine (I do, for instance), it would be a good idea to not
overload the env var.

--dho