Francisco J Ballesteros <n...@lsub.org> said:

> you could also use a script to call 9vx as you please.

That is what I did for the first prototype.  I thought this would be a beeter
solution.

Out of curiosity, have I hit a nerve or something.  Have I somehow offended?
I'm just a bit confused by some of the responses.

I could easily understand the reluctance if there are some standardization
issues with getenv on the targeted platforms I do not know about.  I could
also understand if I was proposing to put it in some weird location, but both
of the hard-coded paths in 9vx main.c are obviously in RSC's home directories
and not more generic locations like /home/9vx, $home/9vx, /usr/local/9vx,
/opt...

  EBo --

> On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 5:22 AM, EBo <e...@sandien.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Why isn't 9vx -r yourdir good enough?
> >
> > it is if you want to force all users to specify the root directory every
> > single time they run 9vx, or if you want to use an alternative root.  If
I use