> I struggle with this. Groups can do things and have honour. And groups often
> do things without paycheques. I remember a group effort to implement Tiny C
> for microcomputers in the late 70s... it was a group effort and was plenty
> honourable...

There will always be exceptions.  Also, eadership can give a group an
identity very similar to individuality and I suspect this merely
confirms the statement you are commenting on.

And then there is the sheer size of groups and the competing interests
within any group, growing as the group grows.

++L