On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:01 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net> wrote:

> are you gonna host?

Actually, the big question to start is: what are people willing to
pay? We have a lot of students, for example. IWP9 4 was a bargain.

I've had one experience with a workshop priced out of people's ability
to reach or pay (coreboot 2008 in denver) and don't want to make that
mistake again.

I figure Marin Headlands ought to be cheap (dormitory housing!) but
very attractive (right at the Golden Gate!). I confess I have not had
a workshop here, ever.

Do we have some idea of what people can afford? Another option is to
have it right in SF, but that again starts to look pricey ($165/night
minimum, cheap for you euro-spending guys but ...)

Send me a note off-list with what you think is affordable. I'm getting
close to being willing to host.

ron