On Fri, Nov 12, 2010 at 12:30 PM, Eric Van Hensbergen <eri...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Not really, the intent was that servers could implement a subset of
> the .L features, and return Rerror for any that they don't.

Wonderful! Floren is already fixing plan 9 servers to work this way anyway :-)

> That isn't currently supported by anything (that I am aware of),
> although I imagine the right response woul dbe 9p2000.L.op.  Of
> course, the op guys specified their stuff as an entirely different
> protocol, so not currently a problem.

It was just an example, I picked op out of the air, I well know that
it's not the right example ;-)

> Doesn't really work in multi-account environments where uid on one
> system doesn't equal uid on the other system.  Also introduces
> potential parse problems.

but names are not guaranteed to be the either, right? I don't see that
names solve this versus numbers.

> Hey man, IIRC you were Lucho's boss when he did the .u implementation
> -- so it's all your fault :P

I was the guy who never liked it, but I figured you smart guys would
work it all out :-)

ron