At Thu, 27 Jan 2011 14:26:33 +0000,
Steve Simon wrote:

> I want to build a net booting silent plan9 terminal
> which will talk to a usb keyboard and mouse, and
> will drive an HDMI monitor at somthing like 1900x1200.
>
> Am I still stuck with x86 or is there an ARM solution these days?
>
> -Steve

Gumstix overo on a tobi board is a good candidate; we're working on
getting it going nicely at bap9ug. You get USB, ethernet, DVI-D, and
audio. As of now it's *booting* but I don't think graphics are quite
there yet. It's extremely tiny, though, which is a major benefit, and
it netboots just fine. As Erik pointed out elsewhere in the thread,
the Overo chips are NOT fast but hey, it's a Plan 9 terminal. Except
when you're compiling ghostscript (ugh), you'll probably never notice.

John