On Tue Feb 22 15:39:49 EST 2011, nemo.m...@gmail.com wrote:
> apic ids can be found in the madt table, from acpi, iirc.

neither of these comments apply to the registers in question.  the registers
in question are the running configuration of the i/o apic in the intel
IOH-36D.  the madt table or the mp tables reflect a snaphot of *all*
the i/o apics and lapics in the system at the time when bios handed
control over to the operating system (sic.).