On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM, Lucio De Re <lu...@proxima.alt.za> wrote:
> PS: Would anybody like to summarise for us plebs whether there is any
> convergence looming between Go and Plan 9 on the x64 front?  It seems
> sad to miss a chance to add a peer-reviewed and thoroughly tested 64-bit
> toolchain to Plan 9.

the basic runtime support (not the current syscall and os changes)
involved changes to 8l and some C and 386 specific assembly in
pkg/runtime. I guess this could be re-done for 6l + x64 code in
runtime. The question is whether it is a useful application of
developers time at this stage (it would be still cross-compiled) and
the 386 runtime has not been properly tested.

Pavel