On Mon, Apr 04, 2011 at 04:33:29PM -0400, erik quanstrom wrote:

[ ... ]
> then you can get rid of the old definitions in /*/include/u.h
> and declare a flag day.  having both seems wrong to me.
> you might as well just do a local hack for the go stuff at that
> point.
>
> the hard part is convincing everyone that this large
> patch is worth the pain.
>
> i think it is, but maybe there's something i'm not
> thinking of, or a different point of view.

Personally, I like the suggestion, but I think flag days in Plan
9 are best reserved for larger issues than the name of a handful of
type definitions.  The old type names might have been a bad choice (or
a good choice, but contrary to popular opinion), but they do not need
to go away, perhaps they can just be deprecated.  I'm sure the label
"wrong" is too strong.

++L