On Thursday, April 28, 2011 08:03:23 PM erik quanstrom wrote:
> > Though I don't understand why folks around here complain about
> > "linux" so often and so vehemently, when the only reason why you're
> > complaining is because you _need_ linux... to furnish all the things
> > you can't do with plan 9 - either personally, or within your
> > organization.
>
> people who care about Doing Things Right are easy to upset.

Bloat... can't live with it, can't live without it.

... I hope that something better comes along.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yaP_kc3y9w

On Thursday, April 28, 2011 08:11:49 PM andrey mirtchovski wrote:
> errno, you sound like you may be trespassing on our collective 9fans
> lawn. i wave a cane in your general direction.

Plan 9 rules and linux drools - I get it - but, wake me up when there's a
Grand Unified Solution for implementing a perfectly clean, multi-purpose,
general-use operating platform for an ad-hoc, rapidly (d)evolving, messy
industry/market/society - that isn't itself intrinsically, hopelessly bloated
in order to fulfill said purpose.

Until then, complaining about de-facto linux bloat is a lot like complaining
about death and taxes. Boring and disingenuous.

IMHO, at least.

(I'm just glad the collective plan 9 lawn expands far beyond the pointless
linux-hate gazebo.)