2011/5/26 erik quanstrom <quans...@quanstro.net>:
> 9vx uses plan9.ini?  last i checked, that assumption was false.

That depends where you checked. Ron's version (or mine, they are the
same now) has some support for plan9.ini files with the -f flag, as is
documented in the man page:
http://bytebucket.org/yiyus/vx32/wiki/9vx.html. However, although
plan9.ini is used to set some config values (as the root file system
or the memory limit mentioned in this thread), 9vx cannot load a
kernel file. So:

> i think you need to modify the 9vx kernel directly.

is right.

Modifying the 9vx kernel is not funny because of the bad state of the
.ed files in a/. I hope newer versions of gcc with plan9 extensions
make most of these scripts unnecessary, but as far as I know nobody
has tried.

--
- yiyus || JGL .