On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 10:10 AM, Jack Norton <j...@0x6a.com> wrote:
> Would Plan 9 (rio) benefit from a default mapping of magic keystrokes that
> correspond to certain actions? I think so.  But only as a means of saving
> your ass when your mouse explodes.  Even then, grab another pc and drawterm
> or cpu in.

I agree that some magic keystrokes could be useful with rio. Consider
Engelbart's demo--he used a mouse in the right hand and a chording
keyboard in the left. We do some chords on the mouse, but there are
only three buttons; I think there are definitely useful things that
could be done by combining mouse actions with left-handed keystrokes.
If only something simple like "Ctrl + rightclick deletes a window".

John