On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 4:23 PM, Guilherme Lino <guih.l...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 1:31 PM, simon softnet <ph.soft...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Some people's contribution to this discussion is really null and
>> irritating..
>> They go like "Pfff Apple did this for the customers! oh yeah, and by the
>> way, the keyboard is faster in general"
>> Well, at least apple has indeed made the effort to publish a research!
>> Attracting customers or not, this doesn't mean apple's research is
>> necessarily false.
>> What do you base your arguments on?
>
> if thats your contribute then your null and irritating
>
> you just need to read the post and links on this post to understand, that
> this is a non sense.
>
> once upon the time i also liked to be with one hand on my lap and the other
> playing with mouse, but i took the time to learn something different like
> "KEEP YOUR DAM HANDS ON THE KEYBOARD!", and thats what I'm defending. i
> still have a windows for gaming but my daily routine is on a terminal
> (started with vim, and then arch linux, dwm, urxvt, zsh, vimperator) which
> all i took the time to learn and configure. I'm with just almost with 8
> months of this unix, vim, linux, command line , plain text, shortcuts thing
> and every day i learn something new, a new shortcut that will make me even
> faster, and I'm not going back :D and thats i subscribed this malign list,
> cause i want to go deeper.

dude, you're a gamer of course you like cool ninja keyboard shortcuts, I most of
us just want to edit some text and maybe compile it later.
I particularly don't have the time to learn of those cool shortcuts
that will make my
life easier after I learn them. I'll choose notepad.exe over emacs any day, just
because I don't have to remember a random combination of keys just to save
a damn file.

--
Federico G. Benavento