On Mon, 4 Jul 2011 20:05:18 +0000
hiro <23h...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I think muscle memory can deduct mouse acceleration. Linear mappings
> to the screen would be easier to learn, but too slow when you need to
> move over larger distances.

I think it can too, I've not found acceleration any hindrance at all. Some
acceleration settings just don't feel right, but all the experience in my
with menus which require linear movement, but I think overall it would be a net
loss as you couldn't get longer-distance actions into anything like muscle
memory. Acme would become a big problem then.