2011/11/21 Jens Staal <staal1...@gmail.com>:
> What I would like to know is if you can boot a plan9 system from iso via 9vx
> as "persistent" partition whereas changes are saved to another directory (so
> basically setting up a union mount between the iso and a directory) -
> alternatively specifying an alternative path for $home using 9vx booting
> from an iso.

I do something along those lines. I use a sh script to boot from the
iso and bind a sysfromiso repository and usr/ from my home directory.
You could use bin/9vxp in the repository if that's good enough for you
or, in any case, look at it for inspiration on how to use the -i flag.
If you prefer, you can use a .ini file and set initargs there, instead
of using -i.

Read the 9vx man page (included in the repository and also at
https://bytebucket.org/yiyus/vx32/wiki/9vx.html).

--
- yiyus || JGL .