On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 11:28 PM, Jeff Sickel <j...@corpus-callosum.com> wrote:
> Do you see this as a potential GSoC effort?  The sans-ape version,
> build based off CPython 2.7 or 3.x?  There are more dependencies
> than just Python, but if we did have this updated then there would be
> more opportunity for people to experiment with a Plan 9 system.

I think a new port regardless of flavor would be much welcomed.
Something based on 2.7 would be great for Mercurial, but I know there
is a need elsewhere for a 3.x port. I have not looked into how much
would work it would take to mitigate the apishness of a new port but
it looks like others have (bummer). I suspect dropping openssl will be
tricky but it would be quite worthwhile especially given Mercurial's
penchant for https.

Cheers,

Steve