>> How big is the dependency on p9p factotum?  Is it just syntactic or
>> is there some needed functionality in p9p factotum which the sources
>> version doesn't provide?
>
> Quite big.  Actually, ssh is the reason we backported p9p
> factotum at Coraid.

I think sshv2 is a Great Leap Forward (thank you!), but I'm not quite
ready for the upheaval of nfactoum and a non-standard lib9p.

I've attempted a minimal conservative addition to standard factotum
to make it useable with ssh2, and that seems to work for me.  If anyone else
wants to try it, just replace /sys/src/cmd/auth/factotum/rsa.c with
/n/sources/contrib/miller/factotum/rsa.c and rebuild.