> Write a basic http server for Plan 9 (in C) and run Apache Benchmark
> against it. Somewhere around 100 concurrent connections, I tend to get
> failure. There's code in /sys/src/9/ip that has a hard limit on the #
> of concurrent connections IIRC.
>
> I'd post the code for the server I wrote, but it was written as part
> of work so I can't. Still, it's not hard to put together a server
> which responds only to a GET.

the limit is 1024 for a terminal, and 4096 for a cpu server.
if you get a failure at a lower number, then it's not because
of concurrent connections, but something else.

i know the original nix tcp code had trouble with zero-window
probes.  i'm not sure if the same was ever true of the distribution.