I'll try to say it in a different way.

I asked Siri and (s)he said (s)he does not consume many resources.
Now, that's nice. I'm willing to give up the machine resources for that, or
for dialling by voice on my car.

*But*, I'm not sure that to print "Hi there" I need a few megs, nor am I sure
that to install a and compile a few sources I need to see hundreds of
stats/reads;
The funny thing is that the compilers seem to be really fast, but the go tool
fixes that problem. Fortunately, a few mkfiles fix the go tool problems.

Also, doing a cp /bin/echo /bin/hg improves things a bit.

This is just IMHO, the language is nice as are parts of the runtime.
I'm glad go is out there.