On Sun Mar 24 18:12:34 EDT 2013, trebol55...@yahoo.es wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> What is the more efficient backup procedure in Plan 9 do you recommend?
>
> I'm using cwfs and I think "9fs dump" is incredible - I can recover
> that thing I dropped a month ago and now I am regret for doing that -
> but the disk failure nightmare is always present.

if you can afford it, i'd make a periodic copy of the dump device to
another disk in the same machine.  i might even consider just copying
the whole disk.

since cwfs (and venti) have a worm structure, you can also (or additionally)
back up incrementally to optical media.  backup(8) has some details on some
excellent work geoff did, but it might be a tad venti-specific.

since i am used to having rather large worms, and i don't have a blu-ray,
i usually use vblade(8), or a hardware aoe target to present a disk, partition,
or file as a target for backup images.