> 4.  Most commands in goblin should be new implementations rather than
> C -> Go ports of the plan9 commands.  Lucent PL is not GPL compatible
> and the goal is to not reintroduce code licensed under Lucent PL if it
> can be avoided.  Some code like yacc has already been ported to Go

can you explain why licensing under the gpl the goal?

i don't want to start a license war, but i have a practical
problem with the gpl.  it makes my life harder because if
i use it, then i have to justify it and prove i'm in compliance.

since i'd rather write code than compliance statements, go versions
of plan 9 commands would be less useful to me were they gpl'd.