"You are at Witt's End ..."

Well, I am.  Parallels 8.0.18608.  Mac OS 10.8.5.  Plan 9 from roughly August
30.  9pcf kernel running flawlessly in a 2560x1440x32 full screen window, for
weeks.

Two days ago, I boot the VM and it (9pcf) decides there is no longer a frame
buffer.  It worked fine the day before.  I haven't touched any of the Plan9
binaries or kernels, nor have I (knowingly) updated Parallels.  I did do the
Mac OS 10.8.4 -> 10.8.5 update recently, but I am positive this worked after
the OS upgrade.

I have had this happen before with Parallels, and have never been able to
discover the underlying cause.  And it is driving me completely fscking insane.
 Someone please tell me I am not the only one being inflicted with this.  Or
better yet, come exorcise the bad bloody hardware karma I am suffering!  I
don't deserve this ...

--possessed