On 2013-10-15, at 1:36 PM, erik quanstrom <quans...@labs.coraid.com> wrote:

> due to the second law of thermohorification, fixing one thing means that at
> least one other thing goes broken.  perhaps your mouse:parallels connection
> kept the universe's hork in balance.

Whatever it is, it's very bizarre.

The aux/vga in termrc isn't running.  The one I added to $home/lib/profile is.
(And why isn't 'flag +x' added to /rc/bin/termrc barfing out the expected trace
data? The 'echo kill -roy' immediately below it fires off.)

A second look at the pci output shows that nothing behind the USB bridges is
being detected.  This explains the absence of a mouse.  But changing the
plan9.ini mouse setting from intellimouse to ps2 solves that for now.

If we were a couple of weeks closer to Hallow'een, I would buy in to this.  As
it is, it's just spooooky ...