> I saw your CL, but I think your description is a bit too concise, I
> can't quite get my mind around it.  Has anyone consulted with Bell
> Labs and tried to convince them to add Bgetle* and Bputle* in libbio,
> yet?  I have a feeling that a clean patch (I'm sure I have one handy)

lucho, as explained before we think this is a *BAD* idea.  macros
are generally avoided.  especially long complicated ones like those.

> PS: Why the hell is there no Bgetbe* and Bputbe*?

because it's just a micro speed hack for the compiler.  i don't think
they're thinking of maintaining libbio as a system library.  there are
reasons not to use this as libbio.