Raspberry Pi with an Ethernet cable (unfortunately there's no wireless yet AFAIK). Both the Plan9 and the 9Front file systems have their issues, though, so back up periodically:

- Plan9: don't enable periodic snapshots in Fossil to avoid it getting corrupt - 9Front: comes with the experimental hjfs by default, which got corrupt sooner or later on my setup

Both distributions come as a small (2GB) runnable image.
There is no installer yet, so it is hard to change the file system.

What I did:

Boot Richard Miller's Plan9 SD card (2GB image) on a Raspberry Pi.
Used an USB-to-SD adapter and the clone script from an earlier post of mine to install the system on a *larger* SD card.
Boot the large SD card, happy.

The said images are terminal servers.
If you manage to convert the terminal server into a CPU server (easy, see Wiki), you'll be able to connect from Unix using drawterm.

Cheers,
Dante