> On Oct 2, 2015, at 4:53 am, Charles Forsyth <charles.fors...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On 1 October 2015 at 15:48, Brantley Coile <brantleyco...@me.com> wrote:
> I think he meant the Plan 9 Lion’s commentary, not the Sixth Edition one.
>
> Yes, and that was in the text I quoted in my reply!

This from jmk to the list iin 2001:

I would have let this one by but as the spirit of the great Jimi was
invoked I feel compelled to reply.

Here's what appeared on the list last time this came up:

        From: "rob pike" <r...@plan9.bell-labs.com>
        Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:17:55 -0400

        > In the Peer-to-Peer edition of the Lion's book, there is a brief
        > mention of a booklet that Lion wrote commenting on Plan 9 source.
        > This was apparently during his last sabbatical (1989 or so).
        > Presumably this implies something on the order of the 1st edition.
        > Would THIS beast be available?

        No.  Even for the very very early version of the system it described,
        it was incomplete and somewhat confused.  John was really looking
        for a new version of the Unix kernel and didn't find it. I'm not sure
        if any copies exist, but if they do, I still wouldn't distribute them.
        They are a poor description of the system and an unworthy legacy for
        for John Lions.

        -rob

No machine-readable copy exists and Rob's last sentence is spot on.

--jim