have you done the hack to the registry described in the code manual page.

Microsoft keep moving the goalposts and my memory fades, but I use cifs to win7
daily at work. I will look at the config but I am on holiday for a week.

I also have the VMware code for plan9 from russ. he felt it is not enough time
had passed to release it. VMware has changed over the years and the plan9 code
needs to be updated.

Steve