On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 7:20 PM, James A. Robinson <j...@highwire.org> wrote:

> So you couldn't do something like clicking on the start and typing in a
> .,/<pattern>/ where <pattern> holds the last few words of the text range you
> wanted to select?  I understand not having regular markup like a program,
> but if a few words could be used to identify the end point I would have
> assumed you could use that?

That is convenient in cases where I recall a pattern that otherwise
would require
scrolling to see. Or where I have zeroxed the window and the other one
shows the end of the passage in question.

But otherwise I may as well use k and '.

And of course k and ' (and snarf and paste) work well enough. It is
just that acme's scroll-select
(and chording) is so much more convenient! Chording as such is
possible in p9p sam with one
simple modification in the source, but it is the combination with
scroll-select that counts here.

Mark.