>On Thu, 14 Sep 2017 14:58:02 +0000
>Marshall Conover <marzhal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two scenarios currently I feel make a strong argument for the
> inclusion of bind: one is running tests on an install of a product
> while still being able to do development on it, by using a bind to
> redirect the development dll to the install's dll in the process I'm
> developing in; and the other an example of when a bind would just be
> convenient, such as a certain process needing python2 instead of
> python3 on a system which defaults to python 3, and have scripts that
> reference #/bin/python.

I have a honest feeling you will end up as roadkill with this sort of
approach.

You are discussing individual specific use cases; accepting your
argument relies on the other party being imaginative enough to
independently see the value of the proposal. Generally speaking, if the
person has not already seen the value of an idea, they are probably not
going to have an epiphany after you throw them some examples.

Instead, try discussing the correctness of the premise, and how it is
steeped in fundamental value. Try: "The ability to binding filesystem
elements between different paths of a filesystem is of critical
importance to the operating system flexibility and usability. While
many current users, brought up on Windows, may lack the vision of the
features usability, with the continued refinement of public expertise
in all matters IT, there will mature the opinion that binding is a
right-of-entry feature, with operating systems lacking it being
summarily dismissed."

There. If they don't buy that, then their vision is flawed, the project
mistargeted and governance found lacking. And they will fail. You don't
want to waste your time and energy on a doomed project.

--
Svi moji e-mailovi su kriptografski potpisani. Proverite ih.
All of my e-mails are cryptographically signed. Verify them.