On Wed, Oct 28, 2020, at 9:46 AM, Richard Miller wrote:

> That's telling you that it's attempting to rebuild some of the go library.
> (Don't ask why. Rather than use something understandably deterministic like
> mk,
> the go authors have opted for an inference engine to detect "staleness",
> which, in my experience, can trigger a recompile of the entire library
> when something apparently innocent is touched.)

Ugh! Didn't it formerly use mk? Just yesterday, I recalled my ancient notion of
forking an early version of the language and calling it Stop. ;) If I liked the
language, I might have done it already, (and the switch to a non-deterministic
builder would be a likely trigger,) but then I am a little crazy.