On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 7:12 PM Charles Forsyth
<charles.fors...@gmail.com> wrote:

> There was a 5[ac] variant for Inferno (ta, tc) that produced Thumb code, and
> 5l could link Thumb and ARM32 code.
> That wasn't extended once Thumb-2 was issued, since it was different enough
> to require a fair amount of work and we had no immediate application on the
> Cortex.
>

> On Thu, Nov 5, 2020 at 11:38 PM Thaddeus Woskowiak <tswoskow...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to know if anyone is working on or exists an Arm Thumb
>> compiler so one could use plan 9 to program Arm Cortex M0/3/4/7
>> microcontrollers directly. I know of Charles Forsyth's xc AVR compiler
>> which is also interesting. Though I have yet to try it out.
>>
>> -taw
>
> 9fans / 9fans / see discussions + participants + delivery options Permalink

Charles, Thank you for the information. So Thumb compiling and
assembly is handled by tc and ta respectively while 5l can handle
linking both thumb code and arm 32.

I guess my next question is: does this mean Inferno can run on certain
Cortex-M micros since it can run MMU-less? (provided enough memory of
course) And has this been done before?