Hello,

FWIW, I have put two versions I found under kergis.com downloads zone:

http://downloads.kergis.com/misc/apl4_0.tar.gz

and

http://downloads.kergis.com/misc/apl4_3.tar.gz

The version number is relative to the BSD version it was released with.

The 4.0 has a cat1 man page mentioning Ken Thompson (but it is not
present in apl.1?!!!).

The 4.3 version tells a story that links to what Charles told: Ken
Thompson wrote the Unix version, then went to Purdue and Berkeley. The
4.3 version is the Purdue version with modifications made, so is derived
from Ken Thompson's version.

In coding style, the versions are quite different. The sizes too!

T. Laronde

                     http://www.kergis.com/
                    http://kertex.kergis.com/
                       http://www.sbfa.fr/