On 01/02/2022, Ben Hancock <b...@benghancock.com> wrote:
> as well but have yet to become adept at the trackpoint. Do you find
> you're able to sweep lines as easily using it in acme as with a physical
> mouse?

A trackpoint isn't a real three-button mouse by Acme's standards. "A
real three-button mouse" is something that supports one-to-one
finger-to-button. A trackpoint is a two-button mouse with an
additional scroll button. It's designed for Windows and OS/2.

IBM-pattern mice (as in scrollpoint and original ThinkCentre) work for
me. The side walls are slightly off from vertical, for dovetailing*
into the thumb and outside finger.  (Not relevant, but I've never seen
it commented on.)  I haven't tried anything else.

Plus, trackpoint users will often accidentally type 'u', which on Plan
9 means you lose what's in your snarf buffer.

For convenience, direct link to a picture of a "dovetail" joint:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2f/Finished_dovetail.jpg/1920px-Finished_dovetail.jpg
(since it seems these are named after a different animal in every
single language)