On May 29, 2022, at 10:01 PM, o...@eigenstate.org wrote:

> the challenge is that 9p is stateful, so all servers must
> replay the same messages in the same order; this means that
> if one of the replicas fails or returns a result that is not
> the same as the other, the front falls off.
>
> this means mirroring messages naïvely reduces reliability
> and performance, rather than increasing it.

I was not thinking of mirroring.

I was thinking of ckustered or distributed systems like
CephFS, IPFS, GlusterFS etc but thinking a cleaner &
simpler design might be possible. But it is quite possible
my brainstorm/pipedream is not realistic!

9p itself is low performance but that is a separate issue.