В Сб, 18/06/2022 в 08:37 +0000, adr пишет:
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2022, andrey100100...@gmail.com wrote:

> > cpu% 6.out | grep end | wc -l
> >     33
> >

> > Problem in unregistered handlers.
>
> But unregistered handlers shouldn't be a problem. The process is
> been killed when alarm sends the note. That's why the code worked
> removing the read statement, the alarm is set off and the note is
> not sent before the process ends. I just don't see why the process
> is been killed.

The process dies, because the handler that suppresses the default
behavior on note 'alarm' is not registered. And the default behavior is
death.

> The documentation describes another behaivor. To
> me it smells like bug barbecue (corrupted onnote?). Maybe I got
> something wrong, bear with me.
>
> > > Note that you could register the handler in threadmain and avoid
> > > completely this issue, but as I said before, something seems
> > > wrong
> > > to me here.
> >
> > I'm don't understand how handler in threadmain would solve the
> > problem.
> > I need in 'alarm' on per process basis.
>
> You need alarm() in every process, but you don't need to register the
> same handler 80 times!

Perhaps I need different handlers for different processes.
Or, for some processes, I need a default behavior, and for some others,
a handler.

> adr.

Regards,
Andrej