> What I notice - correct me if I am mistaken - is that any comparison between
> 9front and 9legacy seems to needle a few members (very few, there are many
> names from that community that have not participated, specifically the ones I
> know hand have long respectes, ask them) of the 9front community that seem to
> take offence unless 9front is painted in a better light. I guess that's
> permissible, but please mind your manners if you choose to go that route,
> this is 9fans and 9front I believe has its own discussion groups.

I offer you the perspective that this happens by rule when obviously wrong
or ridicolous claims or demands about / of 9front are made.
This is seen to further degrade the already quite degraded perspective
it has within parts of the 9fans community.

I don't think it is unreasonable for people who have invested a lot of effort
into 9front and believe it to be something worthwhile to feel the urgency to
defend it, or at the very least talk about it.

I do think a bit more courtesy or less bad faith assumptions could
be prescribed to certain individuals, and not only on the 9front side.

Anyway, I propose such issues are best solved by a fist fight, therefore
acknowledging the legacy of dispute resolution methods of our ancestors and
fostering a more resilient and vibrant community that thrives on both change
and tradition.