I don't think this approach has ever worked in
the open source world -- it always starts with
someone building something useful. The vision
and goal is defined by the work being done.

After something useful is built, people start
to join in and contribute.

After enough people join in, it makes sense to
have more organization.

Quoth vester.thac...@fastmail.fm: