The complexity of communication in this medium often necessitates detailed
discussions.  You highlighted the need for additional personnel to manage the
workload (e.g. do the work).  From my perspective, this requires a well-defined
vision, clear objectives, and a prioritized list of deliverables to align
efforts effectively.  Currently, it seems the role of product managers is
collectively held, though it's unclear who exactly is responsible.  Typically,
a team of two or more individuals would focus on these deliverables.  In past
projects, I've seen the use of a project board to keep everyone updated on
tasks—an approach known as "information radiator" in project management.  I'm
open to other methods if you had something different in mind that I may have
overlooked.  If you are considering a meritocracy, I would recommend caution.
Experience has shown that what we truly need is increased collaboration and
unity, rather than a system that could potentially encourage competition and
division.  I apologize if my message is obtuse, I am trying to keep this
message concise, I can expound more for clarity.  I hope my explanation helps.

Vic