me:

cro...@gmail.com:
> Forgive my saying it, Richard, but I think this is a somewhat overly
> staid view of things.

You're welcome to say it. My minimalist attitude amounts to a religion,
and therefore I don't need to justify it ☺. I know I'm at one extreme
end of the scale. None of my machines are even running 9legacy,
it's all 4th edition with enough hand-picked patches to make it useable
for me. I wouldn't dream of pushing anyone else to follow my example.
But personally, my Plan 9 network is a refuge from 21st century complexity,
where I can in theory read and understand the infrastructure from top to
bottom.

(OK, I know that's delusional because I've installed go. But maybe
not for much longer, as google seems determined to introduce python3
as a dependency.)