I have found multiple deadlocks over the last few years, and only
bothered fixing one of them. That patch is in 9legacy, as well, now.

During my IWP9 talk in which, among other things, I explained why I
intend to replace fossil despite curently using it, I demonstrated one
of the problems with fossil by (attempting to) install Go, which crashes
the file system _every single time_.

I personally fixed over a dozen issues in Venti, and continue to find
more. To the best of my knowledge, those patches are currently _only_
present in 9front. I was not aware 9legacy existed when I did that
work.

I've lost some data to fossil crashes, since if it e.g. loses power
during a sync, it will end up _erasing_ a file rather than preserving
the old version, which has _broken boot_ if the system crashed while I
was editing lib/profile.

I have a branch of 9front with fossil restored. I have discussed what
would be needed to add fossil upstream again, and there was acceptance
to the possibility if the issues get worked out _first_.

The hostility on this list is pervasive and comes from all sides. If
your goal is positive engagement, this is not the place to do it.